Sharing Tools

Poll link

Copy

Embed Widget

Widget width

500 px
350 px
250 px
Custom px
Preview
Copy

Embedded widget preview:

Width - px Height - px

Close preview
! You are using a non-supported browser Your browser version is not optimised for Toluna, we recommend that you install the latest version Upgrade

kdpfinnz is using Toluna to create cool content and you can too by signing up now.


kdpfinnz

23 months ago

Would you eat cooked chicken, that was left out overnight?

So, I kind of left the chicken leftovers from last night's dinner on the counter all night. OOOhps! I was going to happily feed it to the crowes. However my husband says if we reheat it in the oven, right now, that we can cook off the bacteria. I don't agree. He want s to eat it this morning for breakfast! I say better safe than sorry, however it does smell really good!
Closed
Reply

onenannie

  20 months ago
Ever heard of salmonella? i wouldn't take a farm to eat chicken left out that long.
0 comments

N.H.

  20 months ago
You have to throw it out if it has been left out overnight - it would be absolutely TEEMING with bacteria. All leftovers need to be taken care of before bacteria has a chance to settle and breed so anything needing refrigerating that's been left out needs to go into the garbage. It simply isn't safe to eat, even though it may look fine. You wouldn't want to risk anyone getting sick - as you said, better safe than sorry. I've never had food poisoning that I can recall but I've heard some horror stories about it.
0 comments

Glenn269brmingha09@hotmail.com

  22 months ago
Yes id re-cook the chicken that had been in the freezer and taken out yesterday , thoud and put right into the oven and cook for another 45 minutes and place the dressing and fixings in the pan with it at 350 degrees.
0 comments

Crafty45

  23 months ago
Chicken is Definitely NOT anything you would want to eat - after being left on the Counter overnight.
It's not worth getting REALLY sick (Or WORSE!)
0 comments

nauxsunamoon

  23 months ago
I think it is grosse to eat anything involving meat products that are left at room temp for more than a few min
0 comments

andrewpurvis

  23 months ago
Well I have done something similar before. It all depends on how the chicken was cooked. If it is like KFC where it is fried, then by all means have at it lol, not a whole lot would have happened. And if it was BBQ or baked like stuffed chicken then cut into it and see what colour it is. Even it was cooked and white, when it is left out there is a chance it could change colour even though it looks the same on the outaide
0 comments

Andyman001

  23 months ago
I saw someone do the same and ended beeing picked up by 911 for poisoning, if you forgot it out, I would forget about it, better safe and in good health than sick and rushed to 911. I would feed it to the crows myself.
0 comments

mckeean

  23 months ago
I wouldn't touch it. Weird though how husbands always think they are invincible - mine's the same way :)
0 comments

basketclam648

  23 months ago
As long as it was cooked long enough at a high enough temperature, most of the harmful bacteria would have been killed off during the cooking of the chicken. As long as it hasn't been left out for too long, the bacteria will not have had enough time to grow back to harmful levels and the food will be safe to eat. The meat industry would prefer that you throw it out and buy some new meat, but meat straight from the industrial food process is inherently risky to eat anyway. The government would prefer that you throw it out because they're fear mongers who are in the pockets of big agri-business. But you have nothing to worry about. After a couple of days when it starts to smell funky, that's when you have a real problem.
0 comments

debbydoodoo

  23 months ago
No I wouldn't because it couldn't gone bad and who want food poisoning.
0 comments

Share by email

Add contacts


Cancel
Send

OK
Cancel
We're working on it...
When you upload a picture, our site looks better.
Upload
Maybe Later...